Vinyl flooring prices are all much lower than other types of flooring. That’s why vinyl is such a popular alternative to things like hardwood, ceramic tile, granite, and marble.
Even with the highest-quality vinyl flooring, the prices are a little bit higher, but they are still very attractive. In the world of vinyl flooring, you tend to get what you pay for.
When you choose a type of vinyl flooring that is slightly more expensive, there is less of a chance that you will run into repairs or problems down the road. Spending a little bit more money in the beginning can save you time, money, and frustration later.
So, how much can you expect to pay for vinyl flooring?
That depends on what type of vinyl you want!
– The best vinyl sheet flooring prices you will find will be $1-$5 per square foot for materials, and another $1-$2 per square foot for installation. Some manufacturers will even let you buy vinyl sheet flooring by the yard. Expect to spend $15-$20 for a yard of vinyl sheet flooring
– When it comes to the best vinyl tile flooring prices, expect to pay $1-$4 per square foot for materials and another $1-$2 for installation.
– Vinyl planks tend to be the most expensive. The cheapest planks you can find will usually cost $1-$4 per square foot for materials, and another $1-$2 per square foot for installation. However, the wider planks you buy, the more they will cost. In fact, the widest panels may cost as much as $4-$6 per square foot for materials.
As a general rule, the peel and stick vinyl flooring will cost you less money than the vinyl flooring that has to be glued because there is not as much labor involved.
However, installation costs can vary widely, depending on exactly what you need done:
– If, for example, you need your old floor taken out and hauled away first, your labor costs will go up.
– If you need your underlayment repaired or replaced before your new vinyl flooring can be installed, that will cost you more in installation charges.
– And, if your vinyl flooring doesn’t come pre-glued, you will also need to pay for the adhesive.
So, how does that compare to other flooring prices?
– Hardwood can cost as much as $15 per square foot for the materials and up to $8 per square foot for installation!
– Ceramic tile can cost as much as $12 per square foot for the materials and up to $5 per square foot for installation!
It just goes to show you that vinyl flooring offers the best bang for your buck!